[Marxism] Moderator's note

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Jan 3 12:30:56 MST 2006

>My tone is as nasty as the real world consequences of phony leftists
>being passed off as real ones and as nasty as the opportunity costs of
>real and scarce resources not being used and directed to where they can
>be most effective and do the greatest damage and as nasty as the
>opportunity costs of irrelevant theory and/or wrecking "praxis" being
>passed off as anything useful or revolutionary and as nasty as
>cause-impeaching theatrics being passed off as real revolutionary
>praxis.
>
>Jim C.

I don't see any problem with Jim using invective against the Weathermen or
any other groups/individuals in the real world. Our only concern here is to
maintain a civil tone among ourselves. Some years back when I attacked
big-name personalities on PEN-L like David Harvey, I would get chastised.
We need to have a little leeway to blow off steam. Speaking of which, I
want to congratulate everybody who has participated in the Latin America
thread for maintaining a civil tone when the differences are obviously
profound. In particular, I want to commend rrubinelli who has found this
difficult in the past. For the upcoming year of 2006, let's try to continue
to make this list a valuable resource for the left.

--

www.marxmail.org