[Marxism] Marshall Berman "Adventures in Marxism"

Mehmet Cagatay mehmetcagatayaydin at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 13:37:33 MST 2006

Two months ago, I came across Berman's book and his first experince with
Marx somewhat resembles with mine.

Aproximately two years ago, I discovered 1844 Manuscripts. As an
instinctual-leftist-poet who was known by his sarcastic language and as an
middle aged man studied economics in university, I was complately shocked
by its brilliant rethoric and relevancy to actual material life. I was
ashamed for not having read this giant thinker when I was younger.

I was infront of my computer at the office, the accounting department of a
firm, when I began to read the passage called "Estranged Labour". My
excitement was so huge that i looked forward to get out of the office to
share it with someone.

Ever after, I spend most of my time by talking my friends' heads off about
Karl Marx.

Perhaps this obssesive dedication has taken part in my social isolation
(!) but being only a pupil of Marx is worth it.

A lonely communist!!!

What an ironic contradiction to be a pupil of a revolutionary thinker and
being in possession of every tool to interpret the world but lacking the
modest tool to change it.

Regrets, we have don't have few, But then again, too few to mention...

Mehmet Çagatay
http://weblogmca.blogspot.com/

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com