[Marxism] Four articles touching on Proportional Representation

Brian Shannon Brian_Shannon at verizon.net
Thu Jan 5 21:52:39 MST 2006

I have set my "google alerts" for "proportional representation."
Although set for forwarding only once a day, apparently there is so
much interest in creating a "fair representation" of what people want
that most days I get two or three groupings.

The last one of this group touches on PR only peripherally. It is
mostly about the upcoming Palestinian elections.

Brian Shannon

Maude Barlow's daily blog on Maclean's
Vive Le Canada - Canada
by Anonymous on Thursday, January 05 2006 @ 09:01 AM MST. Glad to see
that Maude Barlow has joined the crowd of proponents of Proportional
Representation. ...

Greens aim for electoral reforms
Globe and Mail - Canada
... In a question attached to the provincial election ballot last
May, voters narrowly rejected a form of proportional representation
called the single ...

Challengers in the shadows as leader throws down gauntlet
Financial Times - London,England,UK
... is popular among activists whom he has courted assiduously -
mindful that Lib Dem leaders are chosen by one member one vote under
proportional representation. ...

Full circle
Al-Ahram Weekly - Cairo,Egypt
... of campaigning, making use of popular media channels to inform
the public about their candidates and the newly adopted proportional
representation voting system ...