[Marxism] Four articles touching on Proportional Representation

Brian Shannon brian_shannon at verizon.net
Thu Jan 5 22:04:26 MST 2006

I have set my "google alerts" for "proportional representation."
Although set for forwarding only once a day, apparently there is so
much interest in creating a "fair representation" of what people want
that most days I get two or three groupings.

The last one of this group touches on PR only peripherally. It is
mostly about the upcoming Palestinian elections.

Brian Shannon
_____________________

http://makeashorterlink.com/?X10435C6C

Maude Barlow's daily blog on Maclean's

Vive Le Canada - Canada
by Anonymous on Thursday, January 05 2006 @ 09:01 AM MST. Glad to see
that Maude Barlow has joined the crowd of proponents of Proportional
Representation. ...

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W6E321C6C

Greens aim for electoral reforms

Globe and Mail - Canada
... In a question attached to the provincial election ballot last
May, voters narrowly rejected a form of proportional representation
called the single ...

http://makeashorterlink.com/?I1F324C6C

Challengers in the shadows as leader throws down gauntlet

Financial Times - London,England,UK
... is popular among activists whom he has courted assiduously -
mindful that Lib Dem leaders are chosen by one member one vote under
proportional representation. ...

http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2006/776/re1.htm

Full circle

Al-Ahram Weekly - Cairo,Egypt
... of campaigning, making use of popular media channels to inform
the public about their candidates and the newly adopted proportional
representation voting system ...