[Marxism] Criticisim-ism, its theory and practice today

dwalters at marxists.org dwalters at marxists.org
Fri Jan 6 09:00:26 MST 2006

Well, I for one will always defend Walter's presense here. Overall he presents
us with a unique reference point while living in Havana. His Cubanews service
is very important (vis-a-vis translations) I never want him to leave the list.
His criticism of me, and others, tend, really, to be like marshmellows.
Personally I can live with it, perhaps others can't. And, like it or not,
Walter's point of view, however expressed, reflects accuratly what many in the
"international Left" feel. Sure, I would like it if Walter's response to those
of us who are more critical of people like Lula or Morales was more like
Joaquin or Freds who are strickly political in their polemics and less
emotional. But again, Walter's value here far outweighs his politically-emotive

I miss Lou Paulsen too. I've never quite seen someone defend his party's
obviously unpopular positions with such...elan, grace and finesse. Did he ever
offend anyone? I don't think so. I think this particular list is missing his
analysis on the anti-war movement, having left here just when the big debates
around the recent rallies and marches was being discussed. Oh well, maybe he
will come back.

David