[Marxism] Re: the latest round of debate on Evo

Fred Feldman ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Fri Jan 6 20:22:29 MST 2006

Joaquin wrote:
I probably shouldn't do this, but here's a few that I've heard Evo
mention or allude to in the past few days:

a) literacy
b) potable water
c) electrification
d) schools
e) doctors, including optometrists and dentists
f) the right to participate in sports
g) an end to the anti-indigenous "war on drugs"
h) cutting the president's salary to hire more teachers
i) the right to conduct official affairs in your own language

The give-away point here, for those seeking to expose Evo's Evil
Essence, is point c, "electrification."
BEFORE THERE ARE SOVIETS?
THE PROLETARIAN VANGUARD SAYS NEVER!

By the way, Evo seems, at least on the far left, to be the most widely
loathed person to win a landslide election since Saddam Hussein.
My favorite list contribution was the comrade whose friend told him that
the reason Evo won by  a landslide was that he was so unpopular that
nobody cared about the election.

The latest International Viewpoint is virtually an anti-Evo special
issue.  Apparently the editors are convinced that the Fourth
International will be built around  Bolivia by opposing him.

Really, this thread is becoming more and more absurd.  Give the guy a
chance to take office.  Be a little patient.  He's sure to do something
that you can use to prove he's a sonofabitch.
Fred

<http://promos.hotbar.com/promos/promodll.dll?RunPromo&El=&SG=&RAND=3491
0&partner=hbtools> Upgrade Your Email - Click here!