[Marxism] Mercosur and US

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Sat Jan 7 22:41:09 MST 2006

Enviado por:marxism-request at lists.econ.utah.edu
Con fecha:7 Jan 2006, a las 12:00

> the supposed anti-imperialism
> of  Mercosur, Brazil, etc. etc.

Due to many reasons too long to be commented here, many in the
Uruguayan Frente Amplio govm't are thinking of an enhanced FTA with
the US.  Not all, and of course not the MPP (former Tupamaros).  But
an important fraction, fed up with bullying by Arg and Brazil.

However, this is impossible.

Why?

Because there is a Mercosur clause stating that this kind of moves
can be made with agreement of all the other members of the Mercosur.

Mercosur is _not_ anti-imperialist.  It is simply a bone imperialism
cannot swallow.  That is enough for me.  As to the rest, it is my
duty to work in a different sense.  I prefer to _have_ a Mercosur
rather than _not to have_ it.

Este correo lo ha enviado
Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar