[Marxism] Re: Weather Underground - I knew thosecomradesanditwasnot "...

John Obrien causecollector at msn.com
Tue Jan 10 09:23:20 MST 2006

rr:

Yes I did misunderstand the meaning on "Year of the Fork" - thought it was
about police - and with your providing the Sharon Tate murder details - I
understand its meaning now. Thank you.  I would never justify those murders
or defend anyone who was stupid or insensitve to do so.  I never heard any
of the people in SDS I worked with praise those killings.  There were always
a lot of "loose people" around, with their own impressions of reality.
However, I doubt and hope that none of the people I had worked with and
still like - would support the Manson killings. Even with those times being
- against all things establishment, incuding movie stars. The Manson people
were not part of the Left - just anti-social elements and products of a
capitalist system, that created such alienation.

Thank you for providing the information.

John O'Brien