[Marxism] Lenin, Trotsky and Permanent Revolution (was Bolivia Discussion)

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Wed Jan 11 16:56:11 MST 2006

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:07:20 -0500, Joaquín Bustelo wrote:

> And the art of leading such a process is that the masses through their
> own experience, by waging the battles that are posed, come to the
> conclusion that only a government of the working people can guarantee
> those conquests.

  Which finally enables my remark that the analysis of the political and
social forces, the relationship of production, i.e. the property
relations, and the productive forces, is a SCIENCE, but the practical
political activity, especially the leading of it, is an ART.

  As to the state of the leftist grouplets in the USA and other
imperialist countries -- I think everybody should follow the rule "Do
the right thing", i.e. do what _they_ or he and she think is the right
thing. And relax. Mostly it is not the fate of humanity which depends on
what you do, but only the fate of your little group. Look at your
competitor that they also only try to "Do the right thing". Engage in a
constructive discussion instead of trying to crush your opponent leftist
group. Maybe they are right, or both of you only look at the same object
just from a different angel, because both of you are so few that you
can't surround it and look at it from all sides.

  On the other hand, I think that a certain amount of sectarianism is
unavoidable in the current period. That will only change when these
groups start to have a real mass base, whose weight makes it much more
difficult to split just to prove a point. And remember, there is nothing
more successful than success. If there is real growth, it will create
strong pressures to unify.

   Besides that, I found your contribution really brilliant. I love it.

Comradely yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany