[Marxism] Bolivia (was something else with too many exclamation points)

rrubinelli rrubinelli at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 13 09:47:38 MST 2006

I believe Marvin if posing the wrong question:  The issue is not "is the demand for popular
assemblies on the agenda in Bolivia?"  The issues, rather, are:  1. is Bolivia in a period of revolutionary
struggle?  2. Are there embryonic organs of workers/poor rule?  3. Are such structures necessary?
4. Will such organs need to expand, develop, strengthen and becomes centers of, temporarily, dual power?
5. Is there an alternative to such class division, class rule that resolves the conflicts of Bolivian
society?

I think the answers are yes, yes, yes, yes, and no.  From that point then the next steps are tactical to
fulfull the strategy inherent in the answer to question 4, and complete the revolutionary program required
by the answer to question 5.

Initial tactics include the demand for the constituent assembly, the real constituent assembly, and
nationalization of the petroleum industries productive assets, not just reserves, but extractive
and transport pipeline structures.

Let me pose a question to the supporters of the "national salvation" program:  Should Marxists organ-
izations,  enter the Morales government?  Should Marxists except portfolios in such a government for
the implementation and administration of the MAS programs?

rr