[Marxism] rules on submitting longggggg posts

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Fri Jan 13 11:08:42 MST 2006

The last few days i have seen a number of posts bounce because they are
way too long. Most, if not all of them, are direct copies of material
already available on the web.

so just to remind everyone of the rule here: if you want to post
something from a web site, send the first several or most pertinent
paragraphs of the article and then include a link to the remainder of
the article. people who want to read the whole thing can browse to it
themselves, thus conserving list bandwidth.

now, occasionally Patrick Bond or someone else says why don't we allow
web material replayed on the list. so here's how we solve that problem
for now: if you are behind a slow internet connection and you would
prefer to receive the entire article in your email, THEN write to the
list or the sender of the article asking for same, and someone WILL oblige.

Les Schaffer