[Marxism] The need for a spiritual revolution

Juan Carlos juancarloscruz at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 13 11:10:15 MST 2006

The Need for Spiritual Revolution

The root causes of the problems which bedevil all nations and individuals
are always spiritual/moral in nature. Economic, social, psychological and
political problems are merely symptoms of a deeper malaise. There can be no
real and lasting solution to the world’s problems, therefore, without a
spiritual/moral awakening and healing of large numbers of people.

Fortunately this is happening. A steadily growing spiritual awakening really
is happening to millions of people in this country and around the world. To
a large degree it is manifesting itself on the surface as a growing
political and social awakening, facilitated largely by the Internet. But the
underlying motivation of this awakening is the deep moral revulsion which
hundreds of millions of people increasingly feel toward the bestial, satanic
ruling order.

Nobody needs any particular religion or political party to tell them that
the current status quo is thoroughly evil. People can feel it in their
souls. Moral awareness is built-in to humanity, no matter what belief system
people may have. That is why the predatory, parasitical rulers of America
use their degraded corporate mass-media to drag large numbers of people down
to a subhuman level. Ignorant, immoral subhumans are easy for evil rulers to
control and exploit. Moral human beings cannot be controlled by evil rulers.

Whether people realize it or not, we are all engaged in a fight to the
death. We are fighting for our very souls, as well as for the innocent
children of the world who are butchered by American war criminals. If we
fail to care about these children, about their families and all our
victimized fellow human beings, we will lose our souls. It’s as simple as
that. Those who don’t care will become cowardly, craven slaves to the
satanic freaks that are desperately scrambling to conquer the world right
now. That is a fate infinitely worse than mere death of the physical body.

*         *         *

The Candles in the darkness page has links to a small selection of spiritual
wisdom teachings.

There are as many ways of knowing God as there are people. Respect for the
world’s rich variety of spiritual paths is essential. Appreciation of
variety counters the egoic tendency we all have to fall into the trap of
cultism. Cultism may be defined as “group egocentricity”, and it can be
political as well as religious. Politics and religion are cultic when they
claim to have exclusive possession of truth. Cultic exclusivity is always
very divisive, and thus it is inevitably destructive. In contrast, true
spirituality is always unifying, healing and nourishing in its effect.