[Marxism] Bolivia (was somethingelse withtoomanyexclamationpoints)

Brian Shannon brian_shannon at verizon.net
Sun Jan 15 16:24:01 MST 2006

On Jan 15, 2006, at 6:09 PM, Joaquín Bustelo wrote:

> Brian says, "Do you see any sociological difference between the
> "state"
> of Cuba, by which I mean its institutions, including its army and
> other
> institutions of rule, and the "state" of Bolivia as Morales is
> about to
> take office?"
>
> None whatsoever. As identical as peas in a pod. And as a matter of
> fact,
> my research indicates that in  both cases they're channeling the
> spirit
> of the 13th Pharaoh of Negris.

Let me try it again, correcting any ambiguity and hoping for a
political answer.

Do you see any sociological difference between the "state"* of Cuba
after the victory of the 26th of July Movement and the flight of
Batista and the "state"* of Bolivia as Morales is about to take office?

* In particular each nation's political and military institutions. As
minister of the Revolutionary Armed Forces, didn't Castro head up an
army that replaced Batista's, for example?