[Marxism] Forwarded from Myles Sullivan (Hegel)

Jack Cade jack.cade at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 17 09:04:47 MST 2006

A good start might be

The Young Hegel-Studies in the relations between dialectics and
economics
By Georg Lukacs
Merlin Press, London 1975
ISBN: 0850361982

This deals with Hegel's early works, up to and including 'The
Phenomenology of the Mind'

Part 1: Hegel's Republican Early Phase (Berne 1793-96)

Part 2:  The Crisis in Hegel's views on Society and the earliest
beginnings of the dialectical method (Frankfurt 1797-1800)

Part 3: Rationale and Defence of Objective Idealism (Jena
1801-03)

Part 4: The Breach with Schelling and 'The Phenemonology of the
Mind' (Jena 1803-07)

Jack Cade