[Marxism] the need to understand Hegel

Amaral1871 at aol.com Amaral1871 at aol.com
Tue Jan 17 17:53:05 MST 2006

I am of the opinion that the Phenomenology of Spirit is the crucial text
albeit if one can make the jump from understanding the move from an idealist
immanence to a materialist praxis (and NOT methadology) i.e the way a materialist
appropriation of dialectic 'thinking' becomes about the limits of unfolding
abstract, formal logic; about the materiality and historicity of a critical
epistemology and not about a privelged scienticism of the "dialectical materialist"
looking at the 'objective' forces of history unfolding...I actually found it
very helpful to be reading Marx's 1844 manuscripts while i was   engaging with
the immanence in Hegel's thought..it provided better grounding for
understanding the significance of what was unfolding on the pages written in the midst
of the Napoleonic revolutions...
BTW, I don't think there is any secondary text that can do the work of
reading the actual text.

-aaron