[Marxism] Bin Laden quotes...William Blum?!

M. Junaid Alam alam at lefthook.org
Thu Jan 19 21:31:23 MST 2006

Full text:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/19/international/20tapefulltext.html

Doesn't really sound like typical bin Laden to me, but I suppose any
clever propagandist can change his tune...the real question is, why
would bin Laden issue this kind of speech which, give or take a few
references to God, could pass for standard fare leftist rhetoric, given
its references to the class nature of US society and citation from
ex-state department long-time leftist William Blum? I don't think any
Americans read what he says or would stay calm enough to care, given his
own monstrous crimes.

Personally, I'm suspicious. If he was capable of differentiating between
the government and the public to begin with, why attack civilian targets
with glee? If it is genuinely him, he has definitely put the cart way
before the horse...