[Marxism] U.S. Approves Cuba for World Baseball Event (NYT)

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 20 10:38:06 MST 2006

While some may see this as some kind of "victory" for Cuba, I see it as just
one more part of the vicious economic war being conducted by the U.S.
against Cuba, with Cuba being forced to forego any economic benefit from the
event. Cuba may have brilliantly responded by donating its share of the
money to Katrina victims, and, of course, they offered to help Katrina
victims with doctors long before any of this happened. But clearly that
doesn't mean that should have HAD to respond in such a manner.

And, as I wrote this morning on my blog here:
http://lefti.blogspot.com/2006_01_01_lefti_archive.html#113777708624778109

"Wouldn't it be nice if the U.S. press gave 1/100th the coverage to the visa
denial of a 7-year old girl who hasn't seen her father since she was two
than they give to the permit denials for a baseball team?" (Link:
http://lefti.blogspot.com/2005_12_01_lefti_archive.html#113415015620489004)

Eli Stephens
  Left I on the News
  http://lefti.blogspot.com