[Marxism] US-Congress worst than Hitler and Bush

Juan Carlos juancarloscruz at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 21 09:05:03 MST 2006

HELLO ALL: SOME US-Congress members were/are deffending the killing of
people in the middle east

read these latest news:

John Kaufman: Choose King's path by renouncing war

By John Kaufman

It was very sad to hear some of our senators defending the latest killing of
innocents in Pakistan, among them women and children, in the name of the
"war on terror" and killing members of al-Qaida:

"We apologize, but I can't tell you that we wouldn't do the same thing
again," said John McCain.

"It's a regrettable situation, but what are we supposed to do?" said Evan
Bayh of Indiana.

"Clearly justified by the intelligence," said Trent Lott, which is the same
thing the Bush administration said about the invasion of Iraq, another war
now in the process of killing innocent people.

Such comments by such distinguished men gives one pause: Apparently the
"right to life" and human rights in general should only be granted to
American infants. If we kill other people and children, as all wars do, it
is merely regrettable. We uphold the right to kill anyone we please in the
name of peace, and if we accidentally also kill the wrong people, well, at
least our intentions were good.

Even a child can see through such a pathetic grasping at moral straws.

I am writing on the day set aside to honor the memory of Martin Luther King
Jr., a man who fiercely believed in the efficacy of nonviolence in both
domestic and foreign affairs. He no doubt would have, as a good Christian in
things political (his extramarital affairs were somewhat less upright),
denounced both invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, just as he denounced our
debacle in Vietnam.

King understood the blatant hypocrisy and hopelessness of trying to instill
peace and democracy through violent means, that the use of violence always
includes an element of fascism, even when the ends are noble.

The deaths of innocents, the torture of prisoners, the loss of civil
liberties are all part of the means of war. Choosing war, we cannot then
apologize for its effects, as if such pronouncements of regret absolve us of
responsibility. They do not, senators, absolve us.

After 9/11 this nation had a choice take stock of American/Arab history and
respond with the democratic restraint and Christian good will we have long
touted but too little lived by or do what we did: Unleash the arrogant and
vengeful dogs of war that even in a clear-cut victory call forth other dogs
and other wars.

The "war on terror" is as inane as the "war on drugs": Both attempt to
eradicate and incarcerate the enemy and ignore the root causes of the
problems. Both will fail, but will kill and jail a lot of people.

King said all this and much more 40 years ago, and still the only way to
wipe the blood from our hands is to regret our choice of war and pull out of
Iraq and Afghanistan immediately. One does not regret adultery, for
instance, and then continue the affair until the time is right to end it.
One ends it.

So to answer Sen. Bayh's question, let's bring our soldiers back home to the
people who need them most.

John Kaufman is a writer living in Milwaukee.

Published: January 21, 2006