[Marxism] What are the origins/ reasons for the emergence of right-wing Jewish intellectuals in America?

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Tue Jan 24 07:44:21 MST 2006

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:11:33 -0500 "Charles Brown"
<cbrown at michiganlegal.org> writes:
> Debordagoria
>
> Is anyone else nonplussed by Yoshie's claim that U.S.
> Jews are to the left off ALL other racial and ethnic
> groups in the country on the subject of Israel and
> Palestine?
> Michael D.
>
> ^^^^
> CB: I don't know if I'd say I am non-plussed, but Black people might
> be
> close to being in a tie with Jewish people as most left. For
> example, polls
> usually show a higher than average percentage of Black people
> opposed to the
> war on Iraq.

I think that African-Americans would rank as being
furthest to the left in US politics with Jews ranking
as furthest left among white ethnic groups.

To return to the original topic of this thread,
I think the evidence shows that Jewish neocons
have been relatively ineffective in shifting Jewish
voting patterns in the US. But what they have been
effective at doing, is providing the American right-wing
with an enhanced intellectual firepower which
they were previously lacking. That started back
in the 1950s when the young Bill Buckley (whose
father had been an avowed anti-Semite) began
inviting Jewish writers (mainly ex-leftists) to write
for National Review. And that sort of thing mushroomed
with the founding of the neocon journal,
The Public Interest in the 1960s and when
Commentary became the flagship of neoconservatism
in the 1970s.