[Marxism] Perhaps just another reason

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Wed Jan 25 06:18:24 MST 2006

Enviado por:marxism-request at lists.econ.utah.edu
Con fecha:25 Jan 2006, a las 1:28

> I have read for instance that
> in pre-Hitler France and Germany, there were many Jews in the
> professions (doctors, teachers). I even saw a book in my local library
> that argued Hitlerite extermination of Jewry caused a flight of Jewish
> human capital that was mobilized by the Allies and proved decisive in
> defeating Nazism.

Yes, of course there were many Jews in the professions, and it is
also true that the flight of human capital was important -not
"decisive", if you think of Kursk or Stalingrad however- in defeating
Nazism.

This commentary touches somehow an issue I have not seen on the many
and interesting answers raised by Junaid's question, which is the
impact of the complete clearing up of the old European Jewry by the
Nazis.

This automatically shifted the basic core of global Jewish life to
the United States, and gave right-wing Jews in America (by right-
wing, in the end, I mean "Zionist") an immense leverage power.  And,
if you want to succeed in life, you should follow the succesful fold,
shouldn't you.

If you take Zionism to its last consequences (and the richer you are
the freer you feel to do so), then you end up as a neocon.

You are very right, Junaid, when you assume that

> acceptance of Zionism conservatized many Jews, not that
> conservatism in general Zionized many Jews.

And this, because Zionism is the _imperialist solution_ to the Jewish
Question just as it appeared at the late 19th / early 20th Century.
Whenever you turn to imperialists for a solution, you conservatize
(at the very least) yourself.

What remains, is commentary.  For example the "softness" of the
Zionism of Mapam or Mapai.  They were imperialist, that is, Zionist,
parties.  Period.

Of course, things were quite complex under the pressure of the
Holocaust and all that.  There were grey fringes and reality was not
black and white as it never is sve on the Great Moments (and even at
those moments, ahem...)

But your position is the basic starting point.

As ever.

The starting point, as Lenin explained, is imperialism.

Este correo lo ha enviado
Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
[No necesariamente es su autor]