[Marxism] (fwd from A Pollack) South Africa and Bolivia

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Wed Jan 25 06:39:09 MST 2006

We can agree that by leaving out the Cuban and Venezuelan stops
on his itinerary, Winer takes the South African trip out of
context. We can also agree that comparing the two Winer columns
Joaquín references shows Winer is a very slow learner.
But when Joaquín says what he does below, one has to ask:
are you merely scoring polemical points against Winer (which is
fair) or do you REALLY not have an opinion on the ANC's determined--
and to this point extremely efficient and successful --
efforts to save capitalism?

-- Joaquín Bustelo <jbustelo at bellsouth.net> wrote:

As for the rest of Stan Winer's critique of South Africa, I don't know
and don't pretend to know. There are a lot of people on the Left who
feel that way about the ANC today.