[Marxism] Trecherous and bourgeois Bolivian regime...

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Jan 25 08:27:25 MST 2006

>That's the bulk of the debate going on.  Denouncing those holding to the
>class-primary (as opposed to the anti-imperialist-primary) analysis by
>posting items tangential to the debate by posting hyperbole is attacking a
>weird strawman, as you seem intent on doing.
>
>- Wayne

Yes, but we have to take stock of Evo Morales's first steps as President
which have been surprisingly--at least to me--uncompromising. The debate,
if you'll remember, had a lot to do with the question of nationalization.
But there is every indication that he plans to go ahead with this, using
Venezuela for technical assistance. In some ways, the debate has taken on a
kind of knee-jerk aspect with some people like Fred Feldman (who seems to
have disappeared) automatically defending a decision not to nationalize as
a sign of political maturity and immunity from Trotskyist ultraleftism and
others making it a litmus test. As it turns out, there are clear signs that
Morales will make the gas fields the property of the Bolivian people based
on his appointment of a long-time radical to the Ministry of Energy. Let's
not go overboard one way or another.

--

www.marxmail.org