[Marxism] Re: Iranian invasion\attack plans?

wsredden at nyc.rr.com wsredden at nyc.rr.com
Thu Jan 26 09:33:22 MST 2006

Two valuable contibiutions to this debate can be found in an Asia Times
piece entitled "How Iran Will Fight Back"
<http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/FL16Ak01.html> and Mark
Gaffney's "A Bridge Too Far" at
<http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article7147.htm>.

AP reported the other day that Iran has stated they would close off the
Persian Gulf - and with it 40% of the world's oil - and it's also pretty
well known that at any point Iran can single-handedly destroy the
petro-dollar.

One has to imagine all these things are being considered by the West,
but who knows.  The bottom line is that any serious analysis of forces
at play her illustrates that it's Europe, Uncle Sam and Apartheid Israel
who will suffer most if they do attack.  Fallows' piece showed that, too.

That is, unless they start WW IV.  In which case, all bets are off.

Solidarity,
Shawn