[Marxism] Morales, Prefectos, Repsol

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Tue Jan 31 10:15:23 MST 2006

Enviado por:marxism-request at lists.econ.utah.edu
Con fecha:31 Jan 2006, a las 5:06

> Reading the deals
> made by Morales with both the regional Prefects and Repsol is that
> everything was cast as a victory for Morales program. I think some
> here used 'major' victory. Can you explain?
>
> David

Dear David,

First of all, I am not reading those deals in detail because I am
quite busy here, organizing a Support Bolivia group and other things.
 So that, as you see, I am not in the best position to provide more
analysis.

I simply know Repsol as my enemy, and as Evo's enemy.  For the time
being, that's enough analysis for me as far as my political action is
concerned, and I am primarily a politician not an analyst.  I
understand that this might not be the case with you, which I deplore
but can't modify.

But, as a secondary and side comment:  What I can say is that in
spite of overwhelming pro-Morales vote on the national polls, certain
local authorities (particularly the Tarija Prefect) have reaped
enough votes to force Morales to make deals with them, deals which of
course will become a problem in attaining the basic objectives of
Morales.

It is not the task of Morales to send stormtroopers to Tarija, but to
negotiate with the elected authorities.  It is _our_ task to denounce
those authorities internationally so that we can help the task of
Morales.

There is a saying in the _Martín Fierro_, not very accurate from the
point of view of physics but most accurate from the point of view of
history and politics:  "Hasta el pelo más delgado deja su sombra en
el suelo" (Even the slimmest hair casts a shadow on the soil)

I would honestly suggest that this is our moment to cast our shadow
on the soil on this issue, however slim it is.  Thus, I don't find it
a moment for further analysis.  If the struggle of Morales against
secessionists deserves our support, then let us give it to him.  When
-and if- we ever can offer the Bolivians a better leadership than
this one they have chosen now, things will be different.

But if we don't give him immediate and full support on this
particular issue now, we shall never be that alternative (and
presumably better) leadership, we shall never be interesting for the
Bolivian masses.

Este correo lo ha enviado
Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar