[Marxism] Book reference land ownership in Palestine

Mehmet Cagatay mehmetcagatayaydin at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 10:46:15 MST 2006

I think it is a pure historical abstraction to investigate the ancient
owners of a given land, one can claim the whole world by demonstrating his
kinship with Adam.

"Now it is certainly easy to say to the single individual what Aristotle
has already said: You have been begotten by your father and your mother;
therefore in you the mating of two human beings – a species-act of human
beings – has produced the human being. You see, therefore, that even
physically man owes his existence to man. Therefore you must not only keep
sight of the one aspect – the infinite progression which leads you further
to inquire: Who begot my father? Who his grandfather? etc. You must also
hold on to the circular movement sensuously perceptible in that progress
by which man repeats himself in procreation, man thus always remaining the
subject. You will reply, however: I grant you this circular movement; now
grant me the progress which drives me ever further until I ask: Who begot
the first man, and nature as a whole? I can only answer you: Your question
is itself a product of abstraction. Ask yourself how you arrived at that
question. Ask yourself whether your question is not posed from a
standpoint to which I cannot reply, because it is wrongly put. Ask
yourself whether that progress as such exists for a reasonable mind. When
you ask about the creation of nature and man, you are abstracting, in so
doing, from man and nature. You postulate them as non-existent, and yet
you want me to prove them to you as existing. Now I say to you: Give up
your abstraction and you will also give up your question. Or if you want
to hold on to your abstraction, then be consistent, and if you think of
man and nature as non-existent, then think of yourself as non-existent,
for you too are surely nature and man. Don’t think, don’t ask me, for as
soon as you think and ask, your abstraction from the existence of nature
and man has no meaning. Or are you such an egotist that you conceive
everything as nothing, and yet want yourself to exist?"
(Marx; 1844 Manuscripts)

Mehmet Çagatay
http://weblogmca.blogspot.com/