[Marxism] Greens to be on Ohio State Ballot

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Sun Jul 2 15:33:18 MDT 2006

Carrol wrote:

> He answered that I ought to give an argument rather than a one liner and
> poetry. But the poetry is probably the best critique of the position
> which Marvin is tailing, that of the CP since 1936. For 70 years
> leftists have followed Marvin's advice. For 70 years hope has sprung
> again and again in their hearts that something good can come from their
> working with or for the DP. And for 70 years the nation has moved
> further and further to the right (as has the "left" of the DP). Even
> during the '60s that rightward movement of the DP continued, though
> disguised by the extent to which the party had to give in to the
> _non-electoral_ movements flowing from the _non-electoral_ civil-rights
> and black power struggles.
>
> Pope describes Marvin's politics to a T.
>
> I'm protecting my left elbow these days (having had the third shot of
> cortisone in it for tennis elbow; if that doesn't work it's surgery).
> Hence I won't try to develop this further.
Carrol, I will only say:

1. Both of us are smart, but neither of us is rich.

2. I think it is a good idea not to develop this discussion further since
this is like the song that never ends...it goes on and on, my friend, and
everyone has heard more than one or twice.

3. I hope you get some relief from your elbow soon.

Over and out.