[Marxism] Letters to a Marxmail subscriber

Jeffrey Thomas Piercy, El Pato Comunista mqduck at sonic.net
Tue Jul 4 00:43:46 MDT 2006

Louis Proyect wrote:

>> So you're saying those extra 110 messages were moderator work?
>
> Of course. I go through the newspapers, blogs, scholarly journals, etc.
> each morning to find items of interest to the list. Isn't that obvious?

And this is different from Walter how? Do you simply not like his
sources? Or do you not like the comments he makes? Or do you believe
that being the "moderator" gives you a special
privilege/"responsibility" "to set the agenda for the list"? Do you say
to yourself "how dare Walter try to do my job?"

Here's a more important point: Walter's contributions feel great to me
and I know I'm not the only one. Some time ago I posted that everyone
feels like I do, but I guess I was wrong. But that's not important.
Walter is a great comrade and deserves every bit of respect. I find it
disgusting the way people attack him, and I find it doubly disgusting
the way Louis (who I have a great deal of respect for as well) threatens
over and over to abuse his powers as moderator against Walt. Just ignore
his comments. You can manage that. Lou and others need to grow the fuck up.

-Jeff