[Marxism] Letters to a Marxmail subscriber

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Jul 4 05:40:00 MDT 2006

>And this is different from Walter how?

Of course it is different from Walter. Walter tries to turn every mailing
list he is on into the son of Cubanews.

>Here's a more important point: Walter's contributions feel great to me and
>I know I'm not the only one. Some time ago I posted that everyone feels
>like I do, but I guess I was wrong. But that's not important. Walter is a
>great comrade and deserves every bit of respect. I find it disgusting the
>way people attack him, and I find it doubly disgusting the way Louis (who
>I have a great deal of respect for as well) threatens over and over to
>abuse his powers as moderator against Walt. Just ignore his comments. You
>can manage that. Lou and others need to grow the fuck up.
>
>-Jeff

Actually, I have written to Brian Shannon, Sartesian (when he was here) and
numerous other list members reminding them when they were going over 5
posts a day, which is our informal limit. Doug Henwood does the same thing
on LBO-Talk, except he asks people to stick to 3 a day. You are reading far
too much into this. I am not trying to censor Walter. I far prefer
answering him politically. But I also have moderator obligations to
perform, which include asking people to clip extraneous text, avoid
one-liners, etc.