[Marxism] Lobbyists

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Tue Jul 4 13:06:39 MDT 2006

Enviado por:marxism-request at lists.econ.utah.edu
Con fecha:4 Jul 2006, a las 12:00

> an obsesssion with Cuba on the part of this unregistered lobbyist for
> Havana.

If this were true, then I would rather suggest the "unregistered
lobbyist" to do his job more thoroughly and carefully.  I don't know
WL in person, but I respect him a lot and I tend to share with most
of his "lobbying" while remaining _completely independent_ of any
kind of Cuban official influence or support (these rather go to my
political enemies on the Arg Left).  However, maybe it would be a
good piece of advice from a friend to a friend that excessive posting
-and it is always _the other_ who decides what is "excessive"- may be
harmful to the ends one pursues.

As I understand the job, list moderators have a duty (more than a
right) to send a good deal of material to the lists they moderate.
This _does_ set the agenda, what's wrong with that?.  Yes, _set_, but
not  _impose_.

This is what makes a list valuable.  A moderator uses this
"privilege" (I am sure more than one moderator would gladly pass it
on to someone else, because it is quite cumbersome) to establish a
general line, and to set the lists under her or his moderation
somehow faithful to themselves.

When an enthusiastic contributor attains a level of presence that the
moderator considers excessive for the goals that he or she has set to
the list, the moderator has a right (again: a duty) to make the
contributor understand this, and the contributor just needs to
accomodate to the moderator's requests, which BTW usually appear
after many list members have complained in private.

So, please, Walt, just be a little bit more selective with postings
on Marxmail, and let us all remain in peace.  I love _good_ lobbyists
for Cuba.  They need such lobbyists.

Este correo lo ha enviado
Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar