[Marxism] Film based on Arundhati Roy speech

Sayan Bhattacharyya ok.president+marxmail at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 13:56:37 MDT 2006

This seems quite interesting.

-Sayan.

*From    http://www.weroy.org/          :

"We* is a fast-paced 64 minute documentary that covers the world politics of
power, war, corporations, deception and exploitation.

"It *visualizes* the words of Arundhati
Roy<http://www.weroy.org/arundhati.shtml>,
specifically her famous Come September
<http://www.weroy.org/sources.shtml>speech, where she spoke on such
things as the war on terror, corporate
globalization, justice and the growing civil unreast. Witty, moving,
alarming and quite a lesson in history.

*"We* is almost in the style of a music video, featuring the contemporary
music <http://www.weroy.org/music.shtml> of Lush, Curve, Love & Rockets,
Boards of Canada, Nine Inch Nails, Dead Can Dance, Amon Tobin, Massive
Attack, Totoise, Telepop, Placebo and Faithless. The music serves as
wonderful background for the words of Ms. Roy and images of humanity in the
world *we* live all in today.

*"We* is a completely free documentary, created (and released) anonymously.
There are many ways to download and view it<http://www.weroy.org/watch.shtml>
.

"*"This film is not about Arundhati Roy, it is about her words." *

http://www.weroy.org/