[Marxism] U. of Arizona professor loses job over flame war

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Sun Jul 9 08:06:16 MDT 2006

I am always sympathetic in cases like this, and I make it a point of not
following blogspats.  Moreover, my gut reaction is that people who write
employers over noisy employees are just fascists content with being
underachievers.

Still, I did a bit of goggling on this issue this morning, though.

It is worth emphasizing that this is really not on the scale of Ward
Churchill or some of the political onslaughts we've been seeing.  Debbie
Frisch seems to have been an adjunct, someone who works quarter-to-quarter
or with a one-year contract in the best of cases...that is a "professor" in
name only.

More importantly, Frisch says that she quit and that she wasn't particularly
pressured to quit.

So now I'm confused.

Solidarity!
Mark L.