[Marxism] France v. Italy (long-ish post: Ignore if not interested)

i.lagardien-alumni at lse.ac.uk i.lagardien-alumni at lse.ac.uk
Sun Jul 9 10:40:17 MDT 2006

oye..... i am in a state over this final. help me, please!!!!!

1. The French team HAS TO put one over Le Pen, who complained that there were too many black people in the squad.

2. Zidane is a genius...

3. I have been a strong supporter of Vieira at the Arsenal

4. Henry is...

But have you seen Canavaro play? Pirlo!? Gatuso? Buffon?!!!

Yes, the Italians got rid of Silvio... but the French don't have a presence in Occupied Iraq.

The problem I have had for years was this. As a South Afican (of the darker hue) I have had to support some team in the World Cup when South African football was isolated. Most of us in the 'coloured' townships (almost naturally) supported Brazil. Long story short, I chose Italy, or the Soviet Union, or Yugoslavia - the latter were ALWAYS a wonder to behold.

After we were admitted, I supported our team - but then again, I never was 'patriotic', or nationalistic. So, over the past 15 years, or so, I supported Cameroon, Nigeria, South Africa, but ever Senegal for some reason(???). This world cup I supported the African team that went the furthest, then the Latin Americans (excluding Argentina and Brazil).

France have the most black players (but they took them all from Africa!!!!)

the BBC regularly reports on this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/default.stm)

Two days ago I wore my old Italy Euro 2000 shirt. At different times, three strangers stopped me on the street (here in Columbia, South Carolina), and said they hoped the Italians won, because they didn't like (on said she hated) the French. I have seen so many anti-French bumper stickers in SC...

oye... I need help.

Forzza Azzurii
Allez lez bleus

I hope they both win!