[Marxism] France v. Italy

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 12:07:12 MDT 2006

On 7/9/06, Jean-Christophe Helary <fusion at mx6.tiki.ne.jp> wrote:

> On Jul 9, 2006, at 11:12 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
> > The World Cup has not been good to the Third World this year, the only
> > highlight being a better-than-expected showing of Ghana. (I serially
> > rooted for Iran, Angola, Ghana, and Brazil, and having lost all
> > non-Europeans, I backed Portugal.) The final today is France v. Italy.
> > I say, give it to the Italians: they got rid of Berlusconi, so they
> > deserve a reward.
>
> We need to get rid of Sarkozy and Villepin... A goal by Zidane might
> help...
>
> Jean-Christophe

True, but Cannes snubbed Nanni Moretti* (whose film Il Caimano
<http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/mandelbaum260506.html>, some say, may
have contributed to the downfall of Berlusconi), in favor of Ken
Loach.  Surely, the Italians ought to get something in return from the
French.

In any event, Zidane's savoir-faire vs. the nearly impenetrable
Italian defense -- it should be a good match.

* Have I mentioned that I think Nanni Moretti is the most attractive
European artist alive, since the death of Pasolini?
--
Yoshie
<http://montages.blogspot.com/>