[Marxism] 500,000 Clogging Tampa Streets?

Michael Hoover mhhoover at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 12:11:04 MDT 2006

On 7/9/06, Joaquin Bustelo <jbustelo at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> How quickly they forget!
>
> It's interesting that this whole article simply deals with possible antiwar
> demonstrators. But in fact the biggest protests ever held in the "sunbelt"
> of the United States were the Latino immigrant rights demonstrations from
> last spring. I'm not sure how big the undocumented immigrant population of
> Tampa or that part of Florida might be ... but there's about a half a
> million or more across the border in Georgia.
> Joaquin

figures i've seen indicate that florida's undocumented population is
850,000-900,000 and georgia's is somewhere between 250,000-350,000...

largest demo by far in orlando history was on may 1, over 30,000 folks
in the downtown streets, anyone who knows anything about orblando
realizes how amazing this was...
michael hoover