[Marxism] Nuclear Issues - the ugly facts are known - but forgotten by some?

John Obrien causecollector at msn.com
Tue Jul 11 17:04:19 MDT 2006

This is the second time in the past year that comrade Walters again
mistakenly raises the issue that nuclear power is a good option for energy
(and war?)   The facts on the dangers of nuclear energy, and weapons are out
there.  The anti-nukes movement of the 1960's and 1970's should have settled
this issue - but it seems some refuse to comprehend what the speakers at
rallies and the literature being distributed were really saying.

I must remind comrade Walters that the worst nuclear plant disaster was
under soviet control in the Ukraine - Chernoybal.  While captialist
mangement is worse at protecting workers safety, I suggest thatthere is no
way to protect the safety of life on this planet, using plutonium.

I suggest comrade Walters try to look beyond the industry, that he works in
and seems to influence his livelihood and views, just as I ask workers to
look beyond the auto industry they work in, that makes military tanks, to
think these weapons can be used for good!!

Instead of promoting nuclear power which benefits a few at the expense of
many, we should encourage alternative energy sources such as the sun - which
the capitalists and heads of governemtns may have a hard time convincing
people, that someone has a right to own and have a patent to?

Comrade Walters - lets move forward not back - we KNOW what is wrong and
dangerous about nuclear power - can we not support research into alternative
energies that are less dangerous?
And please do not repeat that we need to do both plutnioum and solar
research.  Only safe energy is an option and plutonium is not included by a
long stretch in this requirement

John O'Brien