[Marxism] "Antisemitism in the Movement"?

Ian Pace ian at ianpace.com
Sat Jul 15 15:30:02 MDT 2006

From: "Yoshie Furuhashi" <critical.montages at gmail.com>

> Remember that this is an event in New York, so what we are talking
> about is leftists in the US of A.
>
> Why do they invent a phantom problem while failing to deal with real
> problems, like the dearth of women, Muslims, Asians, Blacks, etc. in
> left institutions, exclusion and marginalization of Jewish leftists
> from Jewish institutions, etc.?

I'm trying to be fair-minded here - if the question was about sexism or
homophobia on the left, for example, I would imagine you would say that has
to be taken seriously, and would get quite annoyed with those who say it's a
non-issue (correct me if I'm wrong on that)? It hardly sends the best
signals when the left are alert to prejudice amongst themselves directed
towards 'in' groups (women, Muslims, Asians, Blacks, etc.) and not towards
what are now 'out' groups (Jewish people, perhaps at one point Serbs in some
organisations, etc.).

Solidarity,
Ian