[Marxism] Re: "Antisemitism in the Movement"?

dwalters at marxists.org dwalters at marxists.org
Sat Jul 15 15:58:55 MDT 2006

Ian, really, once you brought up has-been Bordigists, you've lost the argument,
and I have to question why you even raise it. We're talking about both the left
and social movements, originally, at least, in the US. There has never been any
sentiment toward anti-Semitism since who knows how long among these movements.
It's already been stated that if any thing Jewish leftists are overwhelmingly
over-represented, and, I'd add, *especially* in the anti-Zionist/Palestinian
solidarity movement. You've not come up with one iota of anti-semtism that
needs to be taken seriously, and, putting "anti-Semitism" on the same par as
anti-gay or anti-women sentiment which does appear now and again and is a real
problem, or can be, is outright demeaning toward those latter two sectors of
the left or social movements.

David