[Marxism] Re: "Antisemitism in the Movement"?

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Sat Jul 15 18:41:25 MDT 2006

The problem might also be related to a disconnect between what we mean by
"activist" and what these folks mean by it.  In academe, being an "activist"
just means that you're not entirely comatose (yet).  The kind of stuff they
call activism is what we used to think of as sorority/fraternity canned
goods drives and stuff...separating your cans from your bottles.  I was
listening to one undergraduate world traveler being sent by their university
(or their parents) to a conference overseas...which also made her an
"activist."

I don't honestly see how you can be a "movement activist" when there is no
movement out there in the streets in which you can be active, but that's a
common use of the term now.

And that's not to get into the question of what they might think is and
isn't "left"....

ml