[Marxism] What Planet Do They Live On? "Antisemitism in the Movement"?

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Sun Jul 16 09:53:08 MDT 2006

Kersplebedeb says, "Yoshie takes this demographic fact as a sign that
anti-semitism cannot be a real issue worth discussing for anyone on the
left."

No, no, NO!!!  Just two short points.....

1) We're not dealing with whether or not their should be a discussion, but
whether or not a conference that assumes it is an issue makes sense.

2) So, too, Kersplebedeb grabs the wrong end of the stick on this question.
Some of us who question whether anti-Semitism is an issue in what this list
would see as "the Left."  Kersplebedeb charges that it is "intellectually
lazy" for us to not drop everything else we're doing and demonstrate that
anti-Semitism is NOT an issue in these circles.  However, I'd suggest that
it's not for us to prove that it isn't, but for those who claim it is an
issue to provide us with some reason for thinking that it is.

Otherwise, we're not talking about a question of being "intellectually
lazy," but of being intellectually dishonest.

ML