[Marxism] ] Historical Question -- CPUSA

Kathleen de la Peña McCook kmccook at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Jul 16 20:10:16 MDT 2006

I passed the query to the librarian at Tamiment Library and here is
his reply.--Kathleen
===================

Young Pioneers of America was the children's
organization of the CP of the US , for kids
between 7 and 14 years of age.
Founded in 1923, it was originally the Junior
Section of the Young Workers League , youth
section of the Workers Party. When the  WP merged
wit the the "underground" CP, the Young Pioneers
of America became th e official children's
organization of the unified CP.
Thie group was active until about 1934.

For more detail see
Mischler, Paul C. " The Littlest Proletariat:
American Communists and Their Children, 1922-1950

Mark Rosenzweig
Tamiment Library, Bobst Library, NYU