[Marxism] disabling email delivery: a small policy change

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Mon Jul 17 07:28:09 MDT 2006

Jeffrey Thomas Piercy, El Pato Comunista wrote:
> Les Schaffer wrote:
>> We are going to change our policy slightly in this regard. We are now
>> tracking on a daily basis the delivery status of subscribers.
> Out of curiosity, how is this "daily"?

we run a "cron script" on a daily timer. it checks the subscription list
and automatically emails me both a subscriber list  as well as lists of
subscribers who have email disabled for one of several reasons: they
disabled it themselves, we disabled it for them, or their emails bounced
due to delivery failures of one kind or another.

les