[Marxism] Satellite radio

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 17 07:43:17 MDT 2006

Anyone on this list know about Satellite radio? I haven't bothered
with this for the United States, where the basic idea seems to be
for use in the car. But now that I'm working and spending extended
periods here in Cuba, I can think of certain advantages to having
such a system. I know there are two: Sirius and XM, but there must
be others, and there must be ways to access such systems. I found
out that it has an antenna and some kind of box, and then you tune
in your local radio to a certain station, so you don't have to buy
an entire new box. I guess it's the audio-equivalent of Dish TV or
something like that.

I'd like to know of the experiences of others reading messages on
this list about satellite radio. I have one friend here in Cuba
who has one. She said she got it so she could listen to the NBA.
That's not of interest enough for me, but what else is out there
in this format? Other languages, etc.

Thanks,

Walter Lippmann
Havana, Cuba