[Marxism] Lebanon Syndrome?

Rod Holt rholt at planeteria.net
Mon Jul 17 18:35:15 MDT 2006

It is not just fear that is reflected in Peters's article it is an
interesting phenomonon in itself. Sci-fi and horror flicks most often
have warm-blooded humans in combat with inhuman beasts: robots, tiny
ants, birds, the living dead, and so forth. This combat is not fair, you
see, because killing a million ants, or computers or whatever is not
worth a human life.

This is the payback for demonizing the enemy. When the enemy is not
human, there's no balance, there's no hero, no villain, no justice. The
foot soldier enters a world of Kafka, and fear becomes something much
more unbearable than fear.
--rod