[Marxism] UFPJ backs antiwar protest at Israeli missio

Fred Feldman ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Tue Jul 18 04:12:35 MDT 2006

Despite the call for United Nations intervention, which I oppose, this
si a positive demonstration and deserves a lot of support. I prefer of
course slogans like Stop the Bombing Now and Israel out of Lebanon and
the Occupied Territories and I will participate accordingly. Fred
Feldman

www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545 |

We urge your participation in an emergency mobilization initiated by
UFPJ member groups the American Arab Anti Discrimination Committee-NYC
and the US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation, as well as several
other New York groups.

A CALL TO ACTION: DEMONSTRATION AT ISRAELI MISSION TO THE UN ON TUESDAY,
JULY 18th

PROTEST ATTACKS ON LEBANON AND THE PALESTINIAN PEOPLE!

DEMAND FREEDOM FOR LEBANESE AND PALESTINIAN POLITICAL PRISONERS!

When: Tuesday, July 18, 4:30 p.m.

Where: Israeli Mission to the UN, at 2nd Ave. between East 42nd and 43rd
Sts., New York

The political and humanitarian crisis is spinning out of control in the
Middle East. Days of escalating violence without end have driven over a
hundred thousand refugees to flee Lebanon. The crisis in Gaza also
deepens as many civilians are left with limited water and electricity
and supplies dwindling.

We in the U.S. peace movement must respond before the crisis engulfs the
entire region, already destabilized by the illegal U.S. occupation of
Iraq and the threat of war on Iran. We must say No to war in Iraq and in
the Middle East!

The Bush administration policies of preemptive war, undercutting
international law and subverting multi-lateral and United Nations
efforts is the backdrop of this crisis. We must continue to target the
Bush administration and its policy of endless war and its unwavering
support of Israel's aggression. Israeli's military actions are in
violation of international law.

There is no military solution in Iraq or in Lebanon or Gaza. The
Lebanese government is imploring the international community to press
for an immediate cease fire, for United Nations intervention, a
negotiated settlement and release of all prisoners -- Palestinian,
Lebanese and Israeli. The peace movement must add our voices to this
call.

We must demand that Congress act to end the bloodshed. We urge UFPJ
member groups to organize Congressional visits and call-ins this week.

Please go to the website of the US Campaign to End the Israeli
Occupation (a UFPJ member group) for further information and details on
calling the White House and Congress, as well as letters to the editor
and other media tools.

If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, visit
www.demaction.org/ufpj/unsubscribe.jsp