[Marxism] August 12: Stop the U.S.-Israeli War!

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 18 14:46:58 MDT 2006

On 7/18/06, Yoshie Furuhashi <critical.montages at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does it look like this ANSWER protest has a chance? -- Yoshie

Chance for what, Yoshie? To stop the war?
JM
  No, for August 12th be a viable action involving broader forces.
  Seems like it's our responsibility to make it so, and to push UFPJ to  have follow-up actions to its own surprising but welcome call last  week, and to have joint meetings with other groups.

  We've got a lot of education to do around the origins of Israel's  aggression, although the web has hundreds of articles from just the  last couple months exposing the media and government lies about who  started this go-round.

  And it seems to me the coverage of the slaughter of innocents by  Israel, while not nearly adequate, is enough that we could push hard  for "No more US tax money for Israel's military!" The Times today had  two articles with quotes from Clinton and the rest of the NY pols  calling for MORE slaughter. I'm not exaggerating: they, and the Israeli  ambassador, said at the Zionist rally that not only was the response  not "disproportionate" but that it's still too tame! Despite the  virulent anti-Arab racism in this country they've left themselves out  on a political limb calling openly for killing more babies.