[Marxism] Re: UFPJ backs antiwar protest at Israeli missio

Jean-Christophe Helary fusion at mx6.tiki.ne.jp
Wed Jul 19 06:04:48 MDT 2006

>> There was a contingent of Orthodox Jews that has been attending
>> vigils
>> against Israel consistently (I met them a week ago in front of the
>> UN). They have a very cogent position against Zionism, based on the
>> Talmud: that mainstream Judaism has always rejected the establishment
>> of a new Israel until AFTER the Messiah comes. That Jews are a
>> diasporic people for now (pre-Messiah) and that the Jewish religion
>> stands for harmony between peoples and social justice.

I just noticed that looking for "orthodox judaism zionism" on google
give anti-zionism orthodox links first.

The interview was very interesting too. Thanks for the link. It was
especially refreshing when the rabbi says "look at the sign" when
asked about Israel, and the sign reads "sovereignty for palestinians"
or something like that.

JC Helary