[Marxism] Re: India Blocks Several Web Sites Many of Which Are Blog Homes (WSJ)

Marla Vijaya kumar marlavk at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 21 11:29:07 MDT 2006

    Walter,
      It is regrettable that the Indian government had resorted to  blocking of blog sites, as a panic reaction.
      This, I feel is more a mis-adventure of the  bureaucrats, as hey  could have allowed the sites to run and understand what they are  driving at. I  do not subscribe to the view that the Indian state is turning  authoritarian. I  feel there is no need to panic on this count. All the trash that is  churned out on the net  is not motivating young innocent minds to  turn to  terrorism. The breeding grounds of terrorism are in real life, in the  harsh  realities of poverty, communal hatred and denial of opportunities for  the  muslim youth, which is driving them into the hands of extremist  elements.
      Vijaya Kumar Marla