[Marxism] Ahmadinejad, an Islamic Feminist (was Reflections on Iran)

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 15:25:47 MDT 2006

On 7/21/06, kersplebedeb <info at kersplebedeb.com> wrote:
> Nevertheless, having met left-wing women from the Iranian diaspora, and
> having read books and statements by left-wing women from the Iranian
> diaspora, the way they talk about the Islamic Revolution doesn't bear
> much in common with how the women in Unser America talk about their
> experience with the Sandinistas.

If you listen only to the Nicaraguan exiles who fled the Sandinista
Revolution or even fought against it, you'd hear nothing good about
the revo, that's for sure.

The same goes for the Iranian Revolution.  You ought to listen to
women who stayed in Iran and even voted for Ahamadinejad, too, a far
larger number than left-wing women in the Iranian diaspora.

Then and only then can we evaluate both the vices and virtues of the
Iranian Revolution objectively.
--
Yoshie
<http://montages.blogspot.com/>