[Marxism] (sans objet)

Charles-Antoine Bachand sacco at dedalus.freezee.org
Sat Jul 22 20:10:06 MDT 2006

yesterday I wrote in french, here's the english version...

To sign this letter that will be sent to Prime minister Harper and
foreign minister MacKay, please do to http://www.ipetitions.com/
petition/guerreliban/

Many thanks,

Charles-Antoine Bachand

___________________________________
Charles-Antoine Bachand, B.Ed., M.A.

545, rue Georges
Gatineau (Québec) J8L 2C9

courriel : ca_bachand at videotron.ca
adresse skype : ca_bachand
http://dedalus.freezee.org/carnets/

Mr. Prime Minister Harper and Mr. the Foreign Minister MacKay,

You are certainly acutely aware of the fact that at the moment of
writing the present, in July 2006, a humanitarian crisis of
disastrous proportions is developing in a region which has
historically endured numerous crimes of war. Since 13 July 2006,
Southern Lebanon has been the daily target of violent attacks from
the Israel Defence Forces. Hundreds of civilians have been killed and
more than 500 000 Lebanese have been forced to abandon their homes.
Unfortunately, many innocent people will continue to die every day,
as this situation continues to be unresolved.

We are submitting this petition to proclaim that we believe that it
is crucial that the massacre of innocent civilian Lebanese people,
who have absolutely no involvement in the politics of this war, cease
immediately. Children are dying every day because of a conflict which
their parents have been unable to resolve. Notwithstanding any
justification invoked from either party involved in the present
hostilities, people are dying and will continue to do so as long as
the Israeli attacks continue, and as long as emergency aid is not
provided to residents of Southern Lebanon. In fact, we believe that
beyond any motivation for the present conflict and rationalization
for the senseless life-taking, it is imperative that the violence be
stopped to allow the powers in place to resolve this conflict.
Canada, as a humanitarian society and a member of the G8, has an
obligation to intercede.

Many Canadians support Israel, many others, the Lebanese resistance.
However, we believe that all Canadians wish this violence to end. To
this end, we ask that beyond any support provided to either faction
in this conflict, the Government of Canada require an immediate
response from the international community in the form of
international peace-keeping forces in Southern Lebanon. Regardless of
the grounds for this conflict, the violence must stop!

  The Canadian government has the power and the moral authority to
demand from the international community a plan of action looking
beyond the present causes of conflict and aiming to end hostilities.
The violence must be controlled by an international peace-keeping
force before any short, medium or long-term solution between these
courageous nations may be entertained.

In closing, sirs, we believe that the Canadian government must at
once use its power with the international community to demand that
action be taken to stop the violence in Southern Lebanon. If, in the
tradition of Canadian humanitarian belief, this government wishes to
spare as many lives as possible, you must calm the storm before
assessing the already deplorable losses.

Sincerely and respectfully yours,