[Marxism] Mr. Ardeshir Mehrdad and Campaign for Peace and Democracy (Re: Forwarded from Syaavash)

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 10:37:57 MDT 2006

On 7/23/06, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:
> (Syaavash, this bounced because it was greater than 35K. Since the article
> is online, I took the liberty of forwarding the first few paragraphs. I
> should mention that the author is subbed to Marxmail.)
>
> This is part of a long analyses on Middle East seeking an answer to the
> current crisis in the region. An approach from the opposite side of that of
> Yoshie Furuhashi. Lets forget about the real position of Ayat-al-lah
> Sistani in his recent statement on Palestine (and Lebanon?!), I am looking
> forward to read her critic on this piece. Syaavash
>
> Read full article:  http://www.countercurrents.org/iran-mehrdad150706.htm
<snip>
> Those in power in Iran will not be able to call on Iranians to defend the
> 'republic'

Now, that may or may not be true -- who knows anything about the future?

What I am certain is that Iranians won't do anything in response to
Mr. Ardeshir Mehrdad's call for anything or Joanne Landy's Campaign
for Peace and Democracy (at <http://home.igc.org/~jlandy/cpd/>), whose
Iran statement Mr. Mehdad recommends at the end of his essay.

--
Yoshie
<http://montages.blogspot.com/>